Sunday, May 27, 2012

nose dive

Not O. Something Else.

A dive.

Nose Dive is the newest offering from the Table 301 restaurant group. This gastropub (a pub serving high quality food in addition to their drink menu) is in the heart of downtown Greenville, in a Main Street location once occupied by the former high-end Restaurant O. But this is not a special-occasion-dinner kind of place...at least not like it's predecessor. Neither is it a watering hole, despite its impressive beer and wine lists and rotating taps of each.

It is, however, one of my favorite lunch spots for one reason and one reason alone: the sweet potato fries.


I've sampled just about every lunch item Nose Dive offers - the Nicoise salad with delicious candied pecans, the basil/tomato/mozzarella chicken sandwich, the humongous and delicious beer-battered fish and chips. But always, no matter what, the must-have-'em-on-my-plate are the sweet potato fries.

I really need to inquire of the chef and get the recipe, if possible. I do know that they are fried in duck fat, giving them just a hint of the rich fatty flavor of dark meat poultry, and finished with sea salt. And They. Are. Divine.

These crispy rust-colored delights are worth their weight in gold. If you've had 'em, I'd love to hear your impressions. If you haven't, you should. Or if you know of some sweet potato fries that you think could rival Nose Dive's (*harumph*), let me know and I'll put them to the test and write about it later.

1 comment:

  1. Completely agreed on Nose Dive Sweet Potato Fries. The best.

    ReplyDelete