Thursday, February 16, 2012

chicken waffle sandwich

I came across this post on Unfolding, a storytelling blog from students at the Wake Forest University School of Divinity (I'm an alum). Since it generally fits my theme of food and faith, I figured I would pass it along.

Waffle Chicken Sandwiches? Jimmy Gawne Says Yes.

Let me just say, I've got mad respect for this guy's baking skills. The Guinness Double Chocolate Brownies and Epic Bacon Cheesecake Brownies he mentions sound ridiculously good. But the chicken waffle sandwich sounds unbelievably delicious (in a strange, perverted sort of way), especially with the three strips of bacon and the bourbon butter maple syrup.

Just for reference, the Coffee Hour that he talks about is a couple of hours on Thursday mornings when students, faculty, and staff can just stop in for coffee and a snack. It's a great "sabbath" of sorts - a time set aside for people to slow down, take a break from writing papers, studying or working, and hang out over coffee and nonsensical food like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment